Twilight League: Rules
- The league will comprise 20 rounds of matches between teams randomly selected each week from attendees.
- 10 ends of 4 bowl pairs will be played, although occasionally a triple may be formed to accommodate numbers.
- There will be no trial ends and the first team to bowl will be decided by a coin toss.
- There will be no dead ends - jacks will be replaced on the 2m mark.
- Each player will deliver 2 bowls before changing ends, i.e. the bowls will be delivered in a 2x2x2x2 sequence.
- During the match each team must call three bonus plays. Each team may only call one bonus play during an end but both teams may call a bonus play on the same end.
- Bonus plays are called by the skips after 8 bowls have been delivered as skips and partners switch ends.
- If a team that has called a bonus play wins that end a bonus shot is added to the shots won but if they lose the end they merely score nothing - no penalty is applied but one bonus play is used up.
- At the completion of 5 ends skips and partners will change ends and switch roles.
- At the end of each match participating players will be awarded points depending their team's results.
- If a teams wins by 7 shots or more each team member is awarded 6 points, for a 4-6 shot win it is 5 points, for 1-3 shots it is 4 points, a draw is 3 points, a 1-3 shot loss is 2 points and a 4-6 shot loss is 1 point per team member.
- End of season prizes will be awarded for the highest and second highest points acquired from each player's best 10 matches.
- Prizes will also be awarded to players acquiring the most points in each quarter, i.e. matches 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and 16-20, although each player may win only one such prize in a given season.